- Sunday September 1st, 2019 :: 05:12 a.m. EDT
Tropical Storm Warning until 01:15PM
A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm-force winds are expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED – Boca West – Palm Springs – Florida Gardens – Palm Beach Gardens
* WIND – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Equivalent Tropical Storm force wind – Peak Wind Forecast: 30-40 mph with gusts to 60 mph – Window for Tropical Storm force winds: tonight until Tuesday evening – POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for wind 58 to 73 mph – The wind threat has increased from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Plan for dangerous wind of equivalent strong tropical storm force due to possible forecast changes in track, size, or intensity. – PREPARE: Remaining efforts to protect life and property should be completed as soon as possible. Prepare for significant wind damage. – ACT: Move to safe shelter before the wind becomes hazardous. – POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Significant – Some damage to roofing and siding materials, along with damage to porches, awnings, carports, and sheds. A few buildings experiencing window, door, and garage door failures. Mobile homes damaged, especially if unanchored. Unsecured lightweight objects become dangerous projectiles. – Several large trees snapped or uprooted, but with greater numbers in places where trees are shallow rooted. Several fences and roadway signs blown over. – Some roads impassable from large debris, and more within urban or heavily wooded places. A few bridges, causeways, and access routes impassable. – Scattered power and communications outages, but more prevalent in areas with above ground lines.
* FLOODING RAIN – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional 2-4 inches, with locally higher amounts – POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for localized flooding rain – The flooding rain threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Emergency plans should include the potential for localized flooding from heavy rain. – PREPARE: Consider protective actions if you are in an area vulnerable to flooding. – ACT: Heed any flood watches and warnings. – POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Limited – Localized rainfall flooding may prompt a few evacuations. – Ditches and canals may quickly rise with swift currents. – Flood waters can enter a few structures, especially in usually vulnerable spots. A few places where rapid ponding of water occurs at underpasses, low-lying spots, and poor drainage areas. Several storm drains and retention ponds become near-full and begin to overflow. Some brief road and bridge closures.
* TORNADO – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Situation is unfavorable for tornadoes – POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Tornadoes not expected – The tornado threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Tornadoes are not expected. Showers and thunderstorms with gusty winds may still occur. – PREPARE: Little to no preparations needed to protect against tornadoes at this time. Keep informed of the latest tornado situation. – ACT: Listen for changes in the forecast. – POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None – Little to no potential impacts from tornadoes.
* AFFECTED AREAS: METRO PALM BEACH COUNTY
Boca Raton Police Services Department
NW Boca Raton Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33432