Stormwater & Flood Resiliency Master Plan Workshops
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that a Workshop to discuss the City of Deerfield Stormwater Master Plan will be held on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 and Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 7:00-9:00 PM in the City Commission Chambers located at the City Hall Complex, 150 NE Second Avenue, Deerfield Beach. Residents are invited to attend in-person or via virtual communications.
The meeting will provide an overview of flood threats facing Deerfield Beach, the status of the Stormwater Master Plan, and updates on improvements and best management practices to reduce the magnitude and impact of flooding. Community input is essential and will be solicited during the meeting to help inform the final vision of the Stormwater Master Plan.
To ensure compliance with CDC recommendations, the November 17 and 18 Workshops will utilize the Zoom virtual technology platform. Additionally, City Commission chambers will also remain open to the public as another option. Attendees will be required to adhere to a temperature check, wear facial coverings, and maintain social distancing. City Commission Chambers are located at the City Hall Complex, 150 NE Second Avenue, Deerfield Beach.
Attending the virtual meeting is highly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
Ways of Viewing the Meetings:
The meetings will be held via Zoom and can be joined in a number of ways. To view and attend the Stormwater Master Plan Update meeting, here are several ways of joining:
1. Join in via Zoom Online – Click on the link below to be able to access and enter the meeting. You may select to keep your video on or off, but all participants will be muted throughout the presentation.
Meeting ID: 852 8304 1181
2. Join in via Zoom Telephone – You may use your telephone to join in on the meeting by calling the number below, followed by the Meeting ID when informed to do so. For users calling in from their telephone, only audio will be available.
Call-in Number: 312 626 6799, Meeting ID: 852 8304 1181#, Passcode: 832732#
If you require additional assistance with Zoom, please visit Zoom Support at the following link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us.
Providing Public Comment:
Public participation is strongly encouraged. To participate, please choose the option best for you and remember to include your name and address for the record.
- In-person – Public comment may be given in the Commission chambers during the applicable public comment portion of the meeting.
- Via Email – Public comments and documents may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Zoom Video Participation – If attending via Zoom online, at the appropriate public comment period, click “raise hand” on the bottom of the “participants” tab, and your audio will be unmuted when you are recognized.
- Live Zoom Telephone Participation – If attending via Zoom by telephone, at the appropriate public comment period, press *9 to “raise your hand,” and your audio will be unmuted when you are recognized.
We also ask you to provide feedback using our virtual comment card here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DeerfieldSWMPCommentCard.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AND FLORIDA STATUTE 286.26, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES NEEDING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCEEDING SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY CLERK NO LATER THAN 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (954) 480-4213 FOR ASSISTANCE.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Environmental Services at 954.480.4270.