Deerfield-News.com-Deerfield Beach, FL-Breaking News-Warning issued from the Palm Beach County line north including Boca Raton and West Boca.
Alert: Hurricane Warning until 01:15AM Saturday
A Hurricane Warning means hurricane-force winds are expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED – Boca West – Palm Springs – Florida Gardens – Palm Beach Gardens
* WIND – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Equivalent Strong Tropical Storm force wind – Peak Wind Forecast: 55-70 mph with gusts to 90 mph – Window for Tropical Storm force winds: Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon – THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Potential for wind 74 to 110 mph – The wind threat has increased from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Plan for life-threatening wind of equivalent CAT 1 or 2 hurricane force. – PREPARE: Remaining efforts to protect life and property should be urgently completed. Prepare for considerable wind damage. – ACT: Move to safe shelter before the wind becomes hazardous. – POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Extensive – Considerable roof damage to sturdy buildings, with some having window, door, and garage door failures leading to structural damage. Mobile homes severely damaged, with some destroyed. Damage accentuated by airborne projectiles. Locations may be uninhabitable for weeks. – Many large trees snapped or uprooted along with fences and roadway signs blown over. – Some roads impassable from large debris, and more within urban or heavily wooded places. Several bridges, causeways, and access routes impassable. – Large areas with power and communications outages.
* FLOODING RAIN – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional 3-6 inches, with locally higher amounts – THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Potential for localized flooding rain – The flooding rain threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Emergency plans should include the potential for localized flooding from heavy rain. – PREPARE: Consider protective actions if you are in an area vulnerable to flooding. – ACT: Heed any flood watches and warnings. – POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Limited – Localized rainfall flooding may prompt a few evacuations. – Ditches and canals may quickly rise with swift currents. – Flood waters can enter a few structures, especially in usually vulnerable spots. A few places where rapid ponding of water occurs at underpasses, low-lying spots, and poor drainage areas. Several storm drains and retention ponds become near-full and begin to overflow. Some brief road and bridge closures.
* TORNADO – LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: – Situation is unfavorable for tornadoes – THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Tornadoes not expected – The tornado threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment. – PLAN: Tornadoes are not expected. Showers and thunderstorms with gusty winds may still occur. – PREPARE: Little to no preparations needed to protect against tornadoes at this time. Keep informed of the latest tornado situation. – ACT: Listen for changes in the forecast. – POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None – Little to no potential impacts from tornadoes.
* AFFECTED AREAS: METRO PALM BEACH COUNTY
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A HURRICANE WARNING is in effect for this area for dangerous and damaging winds. This warning is issued up to 36 hours before hazardous conditions begin. Urgently complete efforts to protect life and property. Have food water cash fuel and medications for 3 plus days.