Deerfield-News.com-Deerfield Beach, Fl-Sorry to report our sources say the man that was found floating in the ocean appears to be a suicide victim. Our sources say the man was a Deerfield Beach resident about 19 years old. Deerfield-News.com will not release any name until BSO has confirmed who and the cause of death. That said we want to publish where people who are depressed and suffering from suicidal thoughts can turn to or their loved ones can go to for help.
BROWARD COUNTIES 211 INFORMATION
2-1-1 Broward serves people in crisis by providing 24-hour telephone counseling, emotional support, suicide prevention and intervention, and links to community resources.
All 2-1-1 counselors are trained to handle a crisis/suicide call. The goal of the counselor is to:
- de-escalate the caller to ensure their safety
- identify the callers most critical issues
- provide emotional support
- involve outside interventions as needed
If you or someone you know is:
- in acute emotional distress
- in or perceived to be in a life-threatening situation
- in danger to themselves or to others
- hysterical, frightened or otherwise unable to cope with a problem
Call 211 or 954-537-0211 now for help!
Click on the links for more reliable information about suicide:
All facts provided by the American Association of Suicidology.
If you need more information or to find resources, call 2-1-1 or browse the Community Resource Database.