Deerfield- News.com-Deerfield Beach, Fl-From the City of Deerfield Beach-The City of Deerfield Beach’s Annual July 4th Celebration, sponsored by the Deerfield Beach Community Redevelopment Agency, will take place on Wednesday, July 4th at the Main Beach Parking Lot (149 SE 21st Ave). Come out and enjoy food, arts and crafts, the JM Family & Waste Management Kids’ Zone and free entertainment from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM with one of South Florida’s largest fireworks show beginning at 9:05 PM. For a full entertainment lineup please visit: www.dfb.city/4thofjuly.
Please note: There will be several road and facility closures related to the 4th of July Celebration:
• International Fishing Pier will be closed at 3:00 PM on July 2nd and will reopen at 6:00 AM on July 5th.
• On July 4th, at 12:00 AM, Ocean Way from Hillsboro Boulevard to SE 4th Street, the Main Beach Parking Lot, the lot behind Ocean Rescue and the Pier Parking Lot will close, reopening the morning of July 5th.
• SE 2nd Street and SE 1st Street will close at A1A, July 4th at 6:00 AM, reopening on the morning of July 5th.
• On July 4th, from 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM, the Hillsboro Boulevard Bridge and A1A, from Hillsboro Boulevard to SE 3rd Street, and Ocean Way at NE 21st Ave., will be closed to traffic.
• The Hillsboro Boulevard bridge will remain in the locked down position from 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM for pedestrian traffic.
Parking on the barrier island will be limited during the event. Complimentary parking will be available at the Cove Shopping Center, Sullivan Park and St. Ambrose Catholic Church. Attendees can make the short walk across the bridge to the event or take the complimentary shuttle service between the Cove Shopping Center and the beach or St. Ambrose Catholic Church and the beach. The shuttle service will run as follows:
• Continuous shuttle service from 11:00 AM to 5:45 PM
• NO shuttle service from 5:45 PM to 11:00 PM due to the closing of the Hillsboro Boulevard bridge
• Continuous shuttle service will resume at 11:00 PM and run continuously until 12:00 AM
NO FIREWORKS PERMITTED ON THE BEACH, STREET, OR PUBLIC PROPERTY. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED BY THE BROWARD SHERRIFF’S OFFICE
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 #DFB staff is getting ready for Independence Day! For Celebration info click: https://bit.ly/2Kq2esG #LoveDFB #July4
Posted by City of Deerfield Beach, Florida – Municipal Government on Monday, July 2, 2018