Deerfield-News.com-Deerfield Beach,Fl-Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.Is against the City of Deerfield Beach’s social media policy.Which is posted below.
What would you call this Tweet?I understand it was put out by the city and not a citizen posting on their site.Something about this post is promotional and, an advertisement should the government be in this business favoring one business over another.
CityofDeerfieldBeach @DFB_City 3h3 hours ago
Hope Floats in #DFB with new dead sea-type wellness center! Check it out! http://bit.ly/2xNSfTk #LoveDFB #hellosunny
Deerfield-News.com is all for promoting local business and patronizing them too.I say more power to Deerfield Beach’s newly opened Float8 Wellness Lounge which had a story done by The Sun-Sentinel.I wish you only the best and hope we can do a story about your new business as well.
That said the city should promote all Deerfield Beach businesses if they are going to promote one. Deerfield Beach has a powerful website and Facebook page and Twitter presence all Deerfield Beach businesses should be treated equally.
CITY OF DEERFIELD BEACH, FLORIDA – MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT·MONDAY, AUGUST 7, 2017
CITY OF DEERFIELD BEACH SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
This Social Media Policy (“Policy”) establishes guidelines for City of Deerfield Beach (“City”) maintained social media sites, pages and posts on social media networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. The primary goals of the City’s use of social media are to increase public awareness of the City’s programs, policies and services and to maintain open, professional and responsive communications with members of the public regarding the City.
The City recognizes and appreciates the rights of all members of our online community to free speech and freedom of expression. This page and all comments posted are regularly monitored by administrators. While comments will not be edited by City personnel, a comment may not be published or may be deleted if it violates this Policy. The City reserves the right to take other actions in order to ensure compliance with this Policy.
Comments should be related to the posted topic for the social media page or post. City administered social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website, page or post. This social media page is intended to be used for informational purposes only. If a user wishes to contact the City Commission or Administration or to request City services, the user should visit the City’s official website: http://www.deerfield-beach.com/.
By participating on this page, users agree to the terms of this Policy and to only post content that is consistent with this Policy and related to the posting, discussion or forum topic. The following is prohibited on all City maintained social media pages:
· The use of obscene, crude, defamatory, threatening, sexually indecent or harassing language.
· Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that advocate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability.
· Comments or content advocating for, or depicting, illegal activity.
· Personally identifiable information such as social security numbers and dates of birth.
· Material of a sexually indecent nature; commercial solicitations unless on behalf of the City.
· Statements that endanger public health, safety and security or statements that encourage, provide advice for or solicit the commission of a criminal act.
· Content that violates intellectual property or copyright laws or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
· Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
City maintained social media sites and pages are a public forum. Any content posted is subject to public records retention and disclosure pursuant to Florida law.
Opinions expressed by visitors to this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the City, nor the opinions of any of the City’s elected officials or employees.
This Policy is subject to amendment or modification by the City at any time.