Beach,Fl-Body cam video available below.

PIO Number: 20-7-3

“I have zero tolerance for excessive force, and my office will always be accessible and transparent with the public. Today, I am publicly releasing everything possible about this incident, and I am turning all the evidence in this incident over to the State’s Attorney for his review.
“The County Medical Examiner has found that the cause of Kevon Todd’s death was a drug overdose, and found that the deputies who took Kevon Todd into custody did not contribute to his death. Security at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport is taken very seriously by deputies, given the tragic shooting that occurred there in 2017. That is why under my administration deputies have received additional training in responding to active shooter and other crisis situations, and based on the evidence I have, I believe the deputies in this case acted responsibly.
“Furthermore, I have tasked our Department of Fire Rescue to conduct a thorough administrative review of their response to this incident to ensure we did everything possible to save Mr. Todd’s life.
“My heart breaks for the family of Kevon Todd, and I hope the details released today give them a better understanding about what happened to their loved one.”
Description of Incident: 
At approximately 9:11 a.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2020, Broward Sheriff’s Office Airport district deputies responded to 200 Terminal Drive, Terminal #3 (Jet Blue) at the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport to a disturbance involving a male subject who was yelling at Jet Blue staff members. The subject, later identified as Kevon Todd, was acting irrational and after speaking with deputies, began running toward a security check point area and knocking over the stanchion poles before falling. Deputies attempted to detain him, and he began to resist their efforts.
After a physical struggle, deputies were able to detain Todd and then brought him to the front of the terminal. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue was notified and responded to assist. As fire rescue personnel were tending to Todd, he became unresponsive. Rescue personnel began life-saving measures, which continued at Broward Health Medical Center. At approximately 10 a.m., when paramedics arrived at the hospital, Todd was still alive. He was subsequently pronounced dead at the hospital at 11:25 a.m.
Some of the deputies sustained minor injuries and were medically cleared. The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the death an overdose, and determined the manner to be accidental.

Body Worn Camera (Taylor, Fromm, Dalie) Link to video

Link to Medical Examiner’s Report


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here